There’s an app for everything these days. You can scan barcodes, update your Facebook, play games, and, now, create a timelapse video of your fitness project or weightloss. With FITEO, you have the ability to track body improvement instead of only weight or inches lost.
- It is possible to track up to four data points, meaning that it’s possible to also track your weight, running speed, inches lost, etc.
- The pictures are not store on your iPhone’s camera roll. Instead they are stored within the app itself, which adds some level of security.
- It is possible to export your timelapse video to your camera roll, DropBox, Facebook, Twitter, and Flicker, making it possible to show off your progress.
- When taking pictures, the app has an easy alignment feature so that each day, you are always taking picture of the exact same area.
- This app is only available for iPhones, which completely ignores those with Androids or even people who want to use it on iPads.
- When taking pictures, it is almost completely necessary to get help from another person. It is nearly impossible to take quality pictures unless you buy an iPhone Shutter Remote. If you don’t buy the remote, your only other option is to stand half naked in front of someone you trust…a lot.
- There is no password on the app. Therefore, if your phone is not locked with a password; your pictures are there for anyone who wants to take a peek. Furthermore, even if your phone is locked, the lack of password protection within the app is incredibly concerning.
- The ability to share these pictures and the video is pretty cool. However, because the lack of password protection, anyone who has access to you phone could upload this very personal information and everyone knows that once information hits the Internet, it is quite impossible to stop it from spreading. Social media has made it easy to quickly share information and these pictures and videos could spread like wildfire.
It is a wonderful and useful app but be careful if you choose to use it. Make sure you have a password on your phone and try to wear clothes that cover as much of your body as possible. But what do I know? Go check out FITEO for yourself and let me know what you think!