There are plenty of music on-demand and curated radio streams out there, and the options continue growing. This is part II of multichannel providers as a music programming value proposition. Listen to Music Choice, AUPEO! and Sky.FM as options for multichannel streams, and Jazz Radio along with Hearts of Space for genre-specific audiences.
Music Choice or MC
A music programming value through media partnership
MC programs music and produces music-related content for digital cable television, mobile phone and cable modem users in the United States.
- dozens of audio music channels for digital cable subscribers
- music-related content for on-demand customers
- interactive music video network
A music programming value popular in Europe
- AUPEO! Personal Radio offers free online music with a focus on the discovery of new songs and artists
- founded in Berlin in 2008, the service is a leading provider of personalized audio streams
- individual programs for listeners and recommend similar music
- recommendation technology based on an algorithm developed by the Fraunhofer Institute (inventors of the MP3 format)
- AUPEO!’s partner brands currently include Acer, Asus, Loewe, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Sonos, Toshiba and Onkyo
Provides music programming value for those who like their genres well defined
- SKY.FM: a multi-channel internet radio service owned and operated by Digitally Imported in New York
- channels include Bollywood, Russian, Japanese and Korean pop besides all western/international styles, in three streaming formats
- many music fans keep the programming streamlined
- free service= 40 channels
- premium= 60 of commercial-free, high quality audio, etc.
The perfect choice for all sorts of Jazz lovers
They offer the best jazz music programming value online:
- widest selection of music
- fewest interruptions
- various streaming formats
- free and premium and in partnership with Sky.fm
Its music programming value is tranquility
HOS producer Stephen Hill applies the term “space music” his weekly selection of music of a contemplative nature drawn largely from the ambient, New Age and electronic genres, without excluding classical, world, Celtic, experimental, etc. They have an ingenious indie business model explained in their home page. HOS is served by the year, minute, month, etc. http://www.hos.com/#plans/summary
Tip: sign up and stream this nicely produced themed show of great audio quality every Sunday for free …it becomes a tradition for readers, mediators and students of life.