Brush up on why LinkedIn steadily passed some of the most popular forms of social media in popularity with these fast facts.
Place your phone down and you will immediately notice you are in the minority of those not on his or her phone; Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, and other various social media channels dominate a millennials next move. What most don’t realize though, is that LinkedIn is the number two social network in the United States. In the midst of all the selfies, food photographs, and hashtags, this platform, which allows one to establish a professional network by connecting with others, has surpassed the other creative, ego-boosting apps. Surprised how this could be? Check out these fast facts to learn why LinkedIn exists as one of the most powerful social media tools around:
- There are about 5% more men than women on LinkedIn
- The said “sweet spot” is 30-49 year-olds
- It has an older user base than other social media channels; in 2014, it represented the oldest age demographic with over 100 million users over 50
- Their ultimate goal is to have 3 billion users
- As of October 2015, they had 400 million users
- LinkedIn is the only top social network to feature higher penetration rates in the 50-to-64 age bracket than in the 18-to-29 age group
- 13 percent of users login once a day
- The average time a user spends on LinkedIn monthly is 17 minutes
- CEOs have an average of 930 connections
- There are roughly 380 million logged skills that users have
- It is used in over 200 countries and territories
Todays day and age requires that we communicate with one another through social media whether we like it or not. While millennials run the social media game, don’t underestimate those not apart of it! Clearly they are tuning into the social media world and know which ones are worth investing time in.
Did these fast facts convince you that LinkedIn deserves its spot as one of the top tools of social media?